Pop stars unwilling to perform at Trump’s inauguration
Reports from the US suggest that President elect, Donald Trump, is struggling to find A-list stars to perform at his inauguration.
According to US news website, The Wrap, Mr Trump’s inaugural committee is scrambling to find stars who are willing to play at his swearing in ceremony on January 20th, 2017.
When President Barack Obama was inaugurated in 2009, he was serenaded by Beyonce and Aretha Franklin.
During his stay in the White House, he’s had audiences with the likes of Rihanna, James Taylor and Kendrick Lamar but incoming President, Donald Trump might not be so lucky.
According to US news website, The Wrap, Mr Trump’s inaugural committee is scrambling to find stars who are willing to play at his swearing in ceremony on January 20, 2017.
Grammy-winner John Legend, who has been a guest of the Obamas several times, says he is “not surprised at all”.
According to John Legend, creative people tend to reject bigotry and hate, so when they see somebody that’s preaching division and hate and bigotry, it’s unlikely he’ll get a lot of creative people that want to be associated with him.
Despite reservations, Mr Trump’s campaign appeared to have scored a victory last month, when they announced one A-list star would be taking part in the celebrations.
A member of the presidential inaugural committee, Anthony Scaramucci, announced that Elton John will be performing at their concert on the mall.
But almost as soon as the comments were made, Sir Elton issued a strongly-worded rebuttal saying he will he not be performing.
ALSO READ Legendary Singer Sharon Jones Is Dead Following Battle With Cancer
The Wrap says a lot of low profile artistes have been considered but Mr Trump’s team is still holding out for a Bruno Mars or Justin Timberlake.
The situation has become so critical that they are allegedly breaking with protocol to offer artists an appearance fee.